Juno Payments has access to over 50 different banks and over 50 different platforms to process.
We have a history of providing processing services for hard-to place merchants. Your industry may fall into an unconventional category or a past credit mishap may have made it difficult to find a processing partner. We are here to assist you and address your company’s payment processing needs. Please click on the link to Contact Us Now.
Many businesses and start-up companies get categorized as a high risk account by banks and processors. Our solutions are fully equipped to board these types of accounts. We take the time to consult with each of our merchants to help them get approved and reduce their risk factors which helps in reducing their rates.
What makes an account high risk?
Acquiring banks perceive many e-commerce businesses as high risk since the customer is not present to sign the credit card receipt.
Extreme trading restrictions are imposed on the merchant that ultimately leads the business owner to search for a high risk merchant account.
Most banks to categorize businesses as high risk if you have the following issues:
- Accepting credit card payment over the telephone
- Accepting credit card payments over the internet
- Free trial offers, then recurring weekly or monthly billing
- High price points (average transaction value over $500)
- High volume of internet sales (above $25,000 per month)
- Seasonal /sporadic online sales
- Selling to international customers
- Hosting the credit card payment page (PCI Compliance)
- Foreign currency processing and settlement
- Type of product or service being sold online
- New web based business applying for an online merchant account
- Poor business credit
- Offshore company applying for a merchant account
- Start-up internet business
- Merchant with a high refund rate
- Sole trader applying for an internet merchant account not expecting to incorporate
- Business location
- Business or company owner’s credit/background check
- Business owner requesting anonymity
- Delivery terms and conditions
- TMF merchant (terminated merchant file) bank closed merchant account
- Excessive chargebacks
- Poor customer service
- Credit card billing descriptor not disclosed to the customer
- Refund policy of the business
- Contradictory or false information provided by the business owner on the merchant account application
High Risk Industry Types
- Daily Deals
- Free Trial
- Health & Beauty
- Multi-level Marketing
- Trial Offers
- Web Hosting
- Terminated Merchants (TMF)
- On-line Dating